Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Curving water's edge



Rincon is a town of beaches. On our north side during the winter swells, the surfers ride the waves to glory. On the south facing beaches or Caribbean side of town, the waters are much calmer. We frequently see children on our beach doing what children do, enjoying losing themselves in the delight of the water and the gentle waves. I took this photograph a couple of days ago about 50 yard down the beach from the Lemontree. Our hope is that our guests be they eight or eighty, come to enjoy their time by the sea. Young at heart they may delight in the sensation of the water's movement and the sun on their skin. When I took this picture, I was reminded of the freedom to revel in the pleasure of sandy wet toes as I walked along the beachside and didn't care when the waters splashed up around the hem of my shorts.

No comments: