Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Long Shadows of Fall


"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me and what can be the use of it is more than I can see...."

Today was bright and clear. The waters were calm and the breezes gentle. I told Ted I was going for a walk along the beach with my camera to see what I could find. What I found was my long shadow of fall.

When we lived in the City, the children always thrilled at their long shadows in the late fall. We would walk along the sidewalks and their shadows would precede them. "Look how tall we are," they would say with a thrill in their voices.

The pictures show my long shadow of fall. The one on the right is on the sand and the one on the left is taken while I'm standing in the water. You can see how clear the water is and calm.

Just a perfect day for a walk along the beach taking pictures and watching my shadow!

No comments: