Monday, December 29, 2008

Footprints in the Sand



Today, we are again, seaside...living by the ocean. This morning I went for a walk along the water's edge. Not a long walk, not a therapeutic walk, not a power walk, not a walk for health... just a simple walk. A walk to clear my mind, a walk to center me, a walk that reminded me why I am here.

I have made the walk on the Lemontree Beach many times down towards the Rincon Beach Resort, about 20 minutes away. Today I brought a pocket camera and at one point turned around, knelt down and made the photograph you see here. I use the camera as my minds eye to help me see. To see more clearly through the clutter and to remind myself of the basics, for focus and to see again, and sometimes, I'll actually press the shutter...

Solitary walks have a meditative quality... quite different than when one walks with anyone else. There is a strong reflective and spiritual possibility in these walks... and I am reminded by a meditation you can read here.

Sometimes these walks just feel right, for the body and the mind. This is what happened this morning.

No comments: