Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where Childhood is alive, Puerto Rico



Today, I went walking on the beach. I stopped by some of my favorite beaches, Steps Beach and the Balneario beach. I like them because they seem to attract families, mothers and children, unlike the active surfing beaches. I was looking for a reminder of innocence.

I was reminded of a verse of a poem ... it went like this:

We took it all for granted
When childhood was alive
We hadn’t a worry in the world
When childhood was alive...

The girl pictured above was on the beach with her sister and mother. When you are with family and have a lollipop... still wrapped, can the world be anything other than right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have been thinking of visiting Puerto Rico for years, nice photo's. What kind of rates and what do the cottages look like?