Thursday, February 26, 2009

New pants, from Mayaguez Mall, Puerto Rico



Today was a great day. I have been in need to new short pants for quite some time. The old friends have tears and are threadbare. I have been having trouble finding replacements that fit comfortably. Lets just say, in the years since I bought my older ones, life has been good. So today we headed to the Mayaguez Mall with the goal of finding new short pants.*

First stop was Marshall's... a great store that gets famous brand names and sells them for a fraction of the original price. And, I found four pairs... total price about $80 for them all. Not bad, but they really didn't't fit 100%. We walked out of Marshall's and what do we see at La Esquina Famosa but a rack of short pants for $5 each. Typically, this store sells upscale men's clothes... suits, jackets, slacks... and some tropical relaxed linen items. The racks out front were the low priced enticement to enter the store for some better quality goods. I selected one pair, tried it on and ta ta... great, very comfortable... with elastic in the waistband. OK no zipper but I can live with that. So I purchased 7 pairs of these $5... about what one of the marked down Marshall's pants cost and 1/2 the price of one of the shorts had I bought them in the States. Is life great or what? I'm just delighted. *Note from Bella Jane...Ted wrote this...he was the one buying the short pants!

No comments: