Monday, March 30, 2009

Dental work in Rincon Puerto Rico



Do you recall this? Is this image the last thing you remember before IT begins... or perhaps is this...



... what you recall seeing last?

Now I'm pretty good with pain and discomfort... but I had not been to the dentist in well over 20 years, since the last time I had a filling. Apparently I had fractured a tooth and the pain was growing over several days. OK it was time.

To my surprise and enormous relief I was seen immediately by Bella's dentist Dr. Tacoronte, who referred me to an endodontist, Dr. Sumaza in Mayaguez. I was treated within hours. The procedure which involved a root canal and preparation for the installation of a crown was nearly painless. Today, I went back to Dr. Tacoronte who began the process of repairing the tooth in preparation for the construction and installation of the crown. Again, virtually without discomfort.

So why is this in the Blog? Occasionally, guests require dental treatment and always consider leaving for the mainland. A mistake in my book. I am here to say that world class dental treatment is available in Rincon and elsewhere on the Isla.

No comments: