Saturday, March 21, 2009

Internet access in old San Juan



This morning I was out and about in Old San Juan, waiting for my 10::30 class in Bongo. BellaJane was at her 8:00 tiple class and I'm looking for access. Access is really no problem. The city of Old San Juan has provided fast public access in most of the plazas. Frequently, I'll head to the Plaza des Armas, hide at the small Kiosko run by Bennie and have a cafe con leche while accessing. The connection is called wifiwyg.com and the password is turismo. No secret because the site provides the password. On wet days the Kiosko has large (but somewhat leaky) umbrellas. Rather than risk the laptop, I'll sometimes head across the plaza to the Starbucks. It offers free Internet access via Centennial Cable. All that is required is a registration. The connection here is fast and like all Starbucks you can overhear all kinds of interactions!

No comments: