Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Motorcycle... in Rincon, Puerto Rico


I wanted to pop up this image of a great motorcycle, the Honda Shadow. Why, well... because its a great cruiser bike, comfortable with a great sound. Rincon is a destination, not only for visitors from the mainland and overseas but for Puerto Rican's as well. There are very active motorcycle clubs here and on the weekends you can see large groups of scooter and motorcycle enthusiasts on the roads. They will do a particular drive which may include a stop off in Rincon before heading back to their home towns. On some weekends the watering holes and eateries are adorned with these great bikes out front. Now the Lemontree is not on a main road so we do not get the motorcycle noise... but on 115, which is the main drag... its a different story.

A thousand years ago... I owned a Honda bike. Riding it felt like flying. Just you and the wind and the sound of the motor. It felt like... freedom. Occasionally I see one of these machines, which are actually beautiful and it comes back. I have seen this particular bike several times. This time I had my camera.

No comments: