Saturday, November 29, 2008

Diving at Desecheo



I came down to Rincon in the first place to teach diving. Now in addition to being a PADI Instructor, I am a USCG Master Captain. I take the dive boat out for Taino Divers which is a first rate ticket out to Desecheo Island. We also dive our inshore reefs which can offer great diving. I took the above picture at a site called Cuavos at Desecheo.

While Desecheo is closed to the public for hiking and camping diving and snorkeling is permitted. The temperatures are never lower than 80F in the winter and the visibility can run over 150 feet on most days. Its a great site and one of the must dives in Puerto Rico. Recently Sport Diver Magazine did a series of articles about diving in PR and at Desecheo. You can check out what they saw here.

As the winter advances I'll blog a good bit more about diving and snorkeling here.

No comments: