Sunday, November 16, 2008

Doing the Merengue


OK, this is not an actual picture of Bella and I last night doing the Merengue. But it is a little like the picture I have in my mind. Sort of. Last night we were invited to a 25th anniversary party for some friends. It was a local, family only party, held at an outside salon de actividades. The food was wonderful, the cake fab and the beer... too many to remember.

Now, Bella and I can dance the waltz, polka, cha-cha, slow dance and what ever the gyrations of the moment are however Latin dancing... was new ground. Fortunately we had plenty of great models to watch and copy. The groom and his bride were most enthusiastic about introducing us to the pleasures and exertions of the Merengue. They were so good they could make us imagine we were as sexy as we remember being. Sadly, my hips just don't seem to rotate like they used to. What I lacked in skill I like to think I made up in enthusiasm. Best of all no one laughed. This morning a late start, and my knee has gone out on me... so much ice and rest. Bella, that vixen, was bustling around like like she did as graduate student. If you want to know a bit more check out this link.

No comments: