Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sea of memories, sea of dreams



West Gallery has chosen to represent me for my first photographic exhibition. This morning Bella and I met the gallery assistant from West Gallery which is handling my photographs and we hung a solo show of 25 images in the lobby of Rincon of the Seas. The lobby is spacious and the perfect place to show my work. The hotel is a large inclusive destination resort and the show, will be up for the holidays, which means that plenty of people will see the photographs.

The collection consists of photographs organized as a set of threads themed around the seaside, flowers and the underwater realm. You can get a sense of the show here. I have been working on these images for a couple of years, especially the underwater pictures. I have had the opportunity to shoot underwater in my capacity as a dive instructor and boat captain for Taino Divers. Most of the land based images were made with a Leica using the wonderful lenses that are available for this camera.

If you are in Rincon or western Puerto Rico through Christmas, you can catch the show! Images are offered for sale through the hotel or directly at West Gallery,787 805 0850, and the Lemontree. Oh, we also have many of these images and others in the suites at the Lemontree.

No comments: